- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at Himathong Villa 1 you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Himathong Villa 1 is conveniently located just 590 m from Family Mart, which can be reached within 9 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Himathong Villa 1, the 3 closest being:
- young mechanic mod is 1.6 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
- Kalmae Samui Hua Thanon is 2.6 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
- Pim Shop @ Fish is 5.5 km away (an approx. drive of 11 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Himathong Villa 1 is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Reef View Restaurant & Bar is 190 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
- The Fighting Chef's Kitchen is 600 m away (a walk of about 8 mins.)
- Chao Lay is 800 m away (a walk of about 11 mins.)
Prachak Medical Clinic is the nearest health facility, which is 1.3 km away (you can drive there in 3 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Himathong Villa 1 are:
- French school is 1.7 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
- Community Hall Soi Wichathorn is 2.7 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
- L&T Samui Company Limited is 2.3 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 17.4 km from Himathong Villa 1 and it takes about 31 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.