- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at The Leaf Samui you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
The Leaf Samui is conveniently located just 570 m from Family Mart, which can be reached within 8 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of The Leaf Samui, the 3 closest being:
- Sirisin Shop is 100 m away (about 1 min. by foot)
- Amway Shop Samui is 240 m away (about 3 mins. by foot)
- WS_SAMUI 8041 is 610 m away (about 8 mins. by foot)
The surrounding area, where The Leaf Samui is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Burger Bang (Koh Samui) is 80 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Chinese noodles 35 is 100 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- N&A Seafood Rotdet is 110 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
Samui Hospital Company International Co., Ltd. is the nearest health facility, which is 540 m away (you can walk there in 8 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of The Leaf Samui are:
- Learning And Beyond Language School is 110 m away (about 1 min. by foot)
- Sâng Fàń Nursery Preschool is 690 m away (about 9 mins. by foot)
- Scuba Samui is 760 m away (about 10 mins. by foot)
Samui Airport is located 5.5 km from The Leaf Samui and it takes about 12 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.