- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at Sawasdee Pool Villa - Bophut you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Sawasdee Pool Villa - Bophut is conveniently located just 580 m from Family Mart, which can be reached within 7 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Sawasdee Pool Villa - Bophut, the 3 closest being:
- Punpun perfume shop is 200 m away (about 2 mins. by foot)
- ฺBig C-Samui is 770 m away (about 10 mins. by foot)
- Big river is 770 m away (about 10 mins. by foot)
The surrounding area, where Sawasdee Pool Villa - Bophut is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Kokiya Korean BBQ is 200 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
- Samui Railway Station Samui Railway Station is 230 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
- Fun House is 200 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
Bandon International Hospital is the nearest health facility, which is 520 m away (you can walk there in 7 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Sawasdee Pool Villa - Bophut are:
- ArtZona is 300 m away (about 4 mins. by foot)
- International School of Samui is 530 m away (about 6 mins. by foot)
- Kiddie garden nursery and preschool is 480 m away (about 5 mins. by foot)
Samui Airport is located 4.6 km from Sawasdee Pool Villa - Bophut and it takes about 11 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.