- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand, non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years, and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property at Katamanda you have to follow these steps:
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
Katamanda is conveniently located just 230 m from FamilyMart, which can be reached within 4 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Katamanda, the 3 closest being:
- Nook Dee Night Market is 410 m away (about 5 mins. by foot)
- kata resort laundry is 910 m away (about 13 mins. by foot)
- KT Plaza is 1.1 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Katamanda is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Twilight Sky is 70 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Le Coco restaurant is 110 m away (a walk of about 2 mins.)
- Banyen Restaurant is 120 m away (a walk of about 2 mins.)
Phuket is the nearest health facility, which is 2.5 km away (you can drive there in 6 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Katamanda are:
- Phuket Surf is 360 m away (about 6 mins. by foot)
- Phuketsurf.com is 360 m away (about 6 mins. by foot)
- SSS Phuket Dive Freedive and Surf Center is 890 m away (about 13 mins. by foot)
Phuket International Airport is located 47.0 km from Katamanda and it takes about 1 hour 2 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.